Push Notifications: The marketing channel of the future?
... that “itchiness” driving us to peek at the smartphone whenever we receive a push notification.
We can’t resist that urge!
We should make good use of this urge to communicate with the users via mobile app, but we must be wise in order not to annoy them to the point they uninstall the app.
So, how can we help you take advantage of this Marketing channel of the future (push notifications) to:
- ● Promote your products/services
- ● Increase your sales
- ● Improve the experience and secure your clients loyalty
- ● Convert your app users into clients
... and all this using your app?
If you came this far, we know you are already full of ideas about how to use push notifications to improve your business. Even so, we believe that if you continue to read this article, you will learn a bit more about how to use an app mobile push.
Note: If you already know what push notifications are, then click here.
WHAT ARE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS?
Push notifications are messages sent via Push Notification Service to a mobile APP(smartphone or tablet).
The App user may receive notifications for new messages, exclusive promotions, invitations, proximity alerts, comments on his publications and comments on publications he commented. And we may receive them even when we're not using the app.
For you (the owner of an app) it means to be able to send such messages to your app users.
Note: If you still do not have one, feel free to use ours: QERO app. It’s free ;)
Are Push notifications similar to SMS?
They resemble each other, but they are two different “breeds”!
Here are some points that set push notifications apart:
- ● Push notifications can only be sent to the users that downloaded your app
- ● Whenever you send a notification, messages appear highlighted on the tablets and smartphones (IOS, Android and Windows Mobile)
- ● Notifications may be customized (limited in characters/lines and format), according to the operative system (iOS, Android, Windows)
In the image below, you can find some practical examples of how to use push notifications.
WHAT ADVANTAGES DO THE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS OFFER?
For your app users (QERO APPor any other):
It is a convenient way (because they appear highlighted in their smartphones) for them to receive, for example:
- ● Novelties and promotions
- ● Useful information (traffic, weather forecasts, news, flights, ...)
- ● To have the company contact at hand
For you, who own the app (QERO APP or any other):
You are able to communicate directly with your app users.
Unlike emails, push notifications DO NOT go to the spam folder, nor do they remain forgotten in the inbox – (still) they have twice the opening rate of emails.
They are also a reminder for users to use your app.
Meaning, push notifications are very effective for your business, because they allow you to:
- 1. Communicate according to the expectations/behaviours of each user
- 2. Increase participation and secure users loyalty
- 3. Increase conversion rates and users retention
Note: Do you want to know how can you “create and send push notifications to your app users”? See HERE.
So, with all these advantages...
... ARE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS THE MARKETING CHANNEL OF THE FUTURE? YES OR NO?
It depends on you. It depends on us (providers)!
We should treat the power to communicate directly with our apps users using push notifications, as a privilege. Not as a right.
Push notifications should be useful messages, relevant and suitable for the context of each user.
Otherwise, we will destroy this power: users will get annoyed, they will ignore/disable our push notifications or even uninstall our apps!
The future of push notifications is in your hands …
Try it freeYour mobile app can now send out behaviourally targeted push messages
Get started »